here’s the scene: playing ‘never have I ever’, and someone says “never have I ever run two miles in sub-20 min “….
GUESS WHO GETS TO PUT A FINGER DOWN?!
THIS GIRL THAT’S WHO
NEW PR AND IT FEELS SO GOOD.
Quick thoughts about this astonishing amazing run:
- I had ZERO desire to run today (obviously because I didn’t make it to the gym till like 10:30pm)
- I felt SO slow. I couldn’t (and still don’t) believe my time
- at the very last minute I decided to run on the indoor track, not the treadmill. decision: paid off
- this was one of the toughest runs mentally that I’ve ever had, second only to the infamous 3.5m run in Aug of 2011 (apparently I didn’t write a post about it….quick synopsis: I cried/cursed (out loud) my way through that run and wouldn’t have finished if my friend Kara hadn’t been running with/encouraging me through it)
- while this run is part of my marathon relay for Boston, it is also dedicated to Teresa. She only got through ~4mi of her 10K track race this weekend because sometimes life chooses very inopportune moments to come crashing down around you; so tonight, I finished her race for her (though I assure you I did not win her any medals, ha). It was thoughts of her, of her constant self motivation and strive to reach her goals that got me through this run. And that lovely girl got me a PR. :)
9 days to complete.
And now: shower. Ice my ankle. Work on paper. Drink all the water. Sleeeeeeeep.
EDIT: In case anyone wonders why there is a random photo of a courtesy phone….that’s because apparently my university rec center still has one. lolwut.
Showered, dried my hair, picked out an outfit, curled my hair, applied make-up in THIRTY SIX MINUTES WHATS UP. Winning.
Christmas Eve service now with my family! Merry Christmas!
I’ve had a pretty awful week. My job sucks (finally decided to quit!!!), my boss is unreasonable, and I have so much homework.
So after getting off 30 minutes late of an already-8hr shift today, I decided to go for a run in the gentle rain we’ve been getting all day, including a glorious 72 degrees. It was the first time I’d run in over a month.
And it felt so. damn. good.
I just decided to go run - no goals, other than to de-stress. I just wove my way through my neighborhood until I was really too tired and turned back around. And what did I do? Got a new PR, with ZERO walking. Say whaaaaaaat.
3m in 29:35 —> FINALLY BROKE 30:00!!!
So that aside, it also just felt so good. I actually enjoyed every bit of the pain, the shortness of breath, just everything that makes running so addicting. I haven’t felt this way about running in such a long time. I’m also just insanely stoked/surprised about the PR. :]
I ran in the Mayfest 5K this past Saturday and earned myself a PR. :] 3.1 miles in 33:23. My last sanctioned 5K race was in January and I finished that with a time of 37:10. Almost four whole minutes chopped off! I’m quite encouraged and convinced that I’ll be able to reach my goal of a sub-30:00 5K by the end of the summer. :]
I’m also proud of myself because I only walked 02:00 of the whole race, tops. I always walk through water stations because let’s be honest, running and attempting to drink water from a cup doesn’t work. Period. And I allowed myself about a minute walk a little after the 2-mile mark. Getting faster AND walking less, great combo.
All-in-all, it was a really good race. Got me motivated to keep running again, because I’ve really been slacking off. But I’m getting myself back into the game this week.
What was the highlight of your weekend workouts?
35:12. Not great, but a PR so far so I’m happy. Running 3.25 mi tomorrow, 3.5 Thursday and somehow squeezing in 4 on Friday, despite the craziness that will be Kristen’s wedding! Then hoping to run another 3.5-4 on Sunday, to top this week off at around 17.5 miles.
Ahhh I hope I can run Sunday, that would be 7.3 more miles than last week! Almost double!
Stupid work week better not get in my way of running. I WILL run at least 15 miles during it! Actual recruitment…well….I’ll be happy if I run more than once, if at all. #sororitygirlproblems
Also, I can not WAIT to have the beautiful Mizzou rec center at my beck and call again. I miss that place so much.